Our Downsizing Services
- New home, condo, or retirement home selection
- Home inspections
- Cleaning, organizing, and repairing
- Full staging (furniture included)
- Real estate transactions
- Content sales
- Unpacking and reinvesting where applicable
- Additional services include anything that our clients need help with!
Hi, I’m Lynn Wylde. In 2015, my Mom passed away leaving my 90-year old Dad on his own for the first time in sixty years. I was responsible for his day-to-day needs, making a choice about his living situation, sourcing a retirement facility, managing his healthcare, divesting the contents of his home, getting the home ready for sale, managing his finances and government eligibility, as well as taking care of all of my Mom’s loose ends.
As much as I was glad to be able to help my Dad, it was emotionally draining for me. The grief of losing my mom coupled with my conflicting emotions of putting my dad in a retirement home and having to go through all of their belongings was a lot for me to handle. In retrospect, it would have been much better if I could have just concentrated on our emotional health and left the rest to someone else.
Mary, Brad, Jackie, and Jessica Wylde are a prominent real estate team here in Guelph. At several family gatherings, we have wondered about how families generally manage the process, given that most adults have full-time commitments of their own that they have to manage. Most people can’t just opt out of their careers for a few months at any time, especially in their forties and fifties.
That’s why we decided to develop a business that caters to people who are going through these major life transitions. Our goal is to make the process as painless as possible for everyone involved while keeping the costs manageable and your mental health in check!
Now, I’m heading up business development for WyldeOne, and with the GoWylde Team’s expertise in real estate and the help of numerous preferred vendors, we have put together a one-stop relocation and downsizing services, with an easy to understand and affordable pricing model.
How does it all work?
There are four main stages to our downsizing services process:
- Our team will meet with you and your family to start our relationship and establish a plan. We’ll take this time to discuss your expectations and requirements before we implement your wishes.
- Next, we’ll organize your belongings. We will find out what is important to you and what is necessary, then help you divest of the rest of it.
- Our team will prepare your house for sale by cleaning, repairing, updating, staging, photographing, marketing, and listing it. Then, we will show it and prepare for offers; with the help of the GoWylde team, the best possible value for your home will be negotiated.
- Finally, we will move you. Packers will come in to prepare your newly organized belongings for their new homes–be it the church, or a charity, your family, or your new home. Then we will unpack you and get you settled into your new living situation.
Why should I use WyldeOne?
WyldeOne is the only company full-service downsizing services in Guelph. While some companies will help with portions of this process, we are the only company that will pull it all together for you with only one contact for you to deal with.
Shouldn’t I downsize my parents myself?
There are several reasons why it is a good idea to have help:
- Depending on the reason for downsizing, it can be a highly emotional chore and it is incredibly time consuming. It’s why we started this company offering downsizing services: we feel that time is better spent dealing with emotional health rather than making decisions about vendor selection, sitting in on numerous consultations, submitting deposits, and dealing with vendor invoices.
- Often, there are numerous family members weighing in on decisions. If you just have to agree on one solution, it makes everyone’s life easier.
- WyldeOne has local resources to ensure that your belongings and your house bring you the most value.
What if I need help with something that isn’t on your list?
Just let us know what downsizing services you require and we’ll take care of it–we’re here to help! We want your transition to be as simple and relaxing for you and your family as possible.
What does it cost?
Every situation will be slightly different depending on the downsizing services required, the size of the home, etc. We have packages available or you can choose your services à la carte. Let us provide you with a quote!
Who needs to be involved?
All of the stakeholders need to be involved. That may be you, your parents, your children, your trustee, etc. Everyone is encouraged to state needs and expectations before a comprehensive plan can be developed.
How hard can it be to get my house ready to sell?
It’s time consuming, emotional, and back breaking–here are just a few things that may have to be done: organizing, de-cluttering, replace, repairs, painting, touch ups, cleaning, staging, listing, showing, negotiating, follow-up, retirement home analysis, junk removal, moving, more cleaning, etc.