WHY INVEST IN GUELPH?
Guelph has many positive aspects which makes it an extremely desirable location to invest in real estate. According to a recent article in the Canadian Real Estate magazine, Guelph was ranked the 3rd best city in Canada to invest in. There was also a recent article published in Toronto Star talking about Guelph being one of the most popular cities for people who are relocating out of Toronto. In 2012, Guelph completed its new transit hub with a Go Train route direct to Toronto. In addition, the Ontario Government has designated Guelph as a “Place to Grow.” Which means it will be contributing to the investment in infrastructure to support the rapid growth in this area.
Reasons to invest in Guelph:
- Guelph was rated the 3rd best place to invest in real estate according to the Canadian Real Estate Magazine (Ottawa was #1 and Quebec City #2). For people in the GTA, Guelph is the closest, which makes it the best choice.
- With Guelph’s close proximity to the tech triangle and the completion of the GO station in 2012, now is the perfect time to invest in rental properties, given that market values are expected to continue to increase.
- Unemployment is well below national and provincial benchmarks. Also incomes levels are above the benchmarks.
- High housing prices in Toronto and the surrounding area are forcing people to relocate out of the GTA. Guelph is one of the most popular cities for people from Toronto to move to.
- Many strong housing starts in Guelph. In addition Guelph has had great recent success with new high end condo development.
- Vacancy rates are low at less than .6% which makes it attractive for rental properties.
- The construction of several business parks spells a vast demand for commuter housing. Guelph is poised to become a thriving ‘bedroom community’ which means that the current vacancy rate of near 1% is here to stay.
- Guelph has steadily seen 5% annual increase in housing prices over the last 5 years. In 2015 we saw a 7.7% increase in housing prices.
- Guelph’s population is expected to grow by a minimum of 2% each year for the next 20 years
- Guelph has a thriving university which is well known for its veterinary and agricultural programs. The university students drive the demand for rental properties.
- Statistics Canada is expecting the student enrollment to grow by 3% annually.
- Guelph housing is presently very affordable compared to Toronto, Mississauga and Milton prices.
- Macleans Magazine names Guelph as Canada’s #1 most caring cities based on the Volunteer rates.
This is why you should invest in Guelph. If you have any questions about investing or would like us to find you some investment properties contact the GoWylde Team.
If you are contemplating investing in Real Estate or putting your money into stocks, read our blog on Real Estate Vs Stocks!