Spring is finally here and that means we can open up our windows to let that fresh new air in after being closed up for months. Somehow cleaning doesn’t seem all that bad now that the sun is shining. To make things easier, we have a top to bottom checklist of things you can do to spruce up your home and make it squeaky clean.
If you are someone who likes to take tackle one thing per day, then check out this 31-day cleaning calendar!
- Throw out expired food, or food you don’t use anymore
Wipe down & Disinfect
- The exterior of all appliances
- Ceiling, walls, baseboards & floors (Top to bottom)
- Counter and backsplash
- Décor & furniture
- Tip: run dishwasher on empty with vinegar.
- Thinking of replacing your dishwasher. Heres an in-depth guide on installing a new dishwasher.
- Wash windows
- Shelves, Coffee table, Electronics.
- Vacuum & clean carpet.
- All bedding
- Tip – Make sure you remembered to clean the lint from your dryer!
- Light fixture
- All towels and linens
- Shower curtain
- Tip: Hang immediately after the wash cycle
- Under the sink
- Toss out expired products or ones you no longer use
- Wash windows & rinse removable window screens
- Powerwash porches, decks, and walls
- Arrange tools & hardware
- Store bigger items in plastic bins
- Hang equipment like bikes & hockey nets on walls
- Trim/remove trees & shrubs
- Repair broken bricks or siding